2016-01-06

13 Things we tend to forget to pack for our trips

‘God, how I wish I brought … with me.’ Is a sentence that crosses my mind far too many times when I go abroad. Situations like this follow up with a shopping trip to buy everything I forgot, which results in having loads of unnecessary items when I return back home. I have bottles and bottles of sunscreen, bug-sprays and small shampoos I bought at trips because I needed them. Bad thing is that I used all of that stuff for just one or two days and never again after that moment – as I forget to pack it for next trips and buy them again and again. As a budget traveler this shouldn't happen so often, and that is why Amity Smile Travel made this list, for you and for me.
1,Umbrella: I have like 6 umbrellas at home – all bought at locations I traveled to. An umbrella is something you can’t do without when you need it; especially when you are planning to spend the complete day outside. So make sure to check for rain before you leave your home, so you know if to pack an umbrella or not.
2,Laundry bag: For a short weekend trip a laundry bag can be forgotten, but when you are going away for longer than three days you’ll definitely need one to separate clean from dirty in your suitcase
3,Band aids: After you got your first blister or scratch you know you wished you brought band aids – always pack them.. even if it are only one or two!
4,Flip-flops: How easy are flip-flops while traveling? I always forget these, but after entering a hostel with shared bathrooms I always wish I’d brought them with me. Never again.
5,Bug-spray: No explanation needed, you know why and when you want bug-spray
6,Sunscreen: You also know why;-)
7,Tampons: Yes ladies, there are countries (and area’s in some countries) where you can’t buy tampons – so you know why you need to bring them yourself!
8,Universal plug adapter: Buying them at home is way cheaper than buying them at the airport or at your hotel – they know you need one so why not make it expensive? And when you can’t find or buy them at your destination.. you’re basically screwed.
9,Medicins: How about painkillers, or maybe pills for car / flight / sea sickness? Know what you need (or the person you are traveling with), and bring a few… just in case.
10,A copy of your travel documents: Always, always, always bring a copy of your travel documents with you. In case you’re wallet got stolen or you loose your flight tickets you praise yourself lucky that you brought a copy of everything. Include copies from: passport, drivers license, insurances, bookings and flight tickets, your birth certificate, credit cards, and visa.
11,A pen and notebook: I bring my handbag with me that I always use. For some reason I don’t have a pen in that handbag, so I tend to forget to pack it when I go traveling. A pen and a notebook are always easy to have with you so don’t forget them!
12,Sunglasses: Sometimes you don’t think about bringing your sunglasses and sometimes you just forget them. Don’t! You’ll never know when you might need them!
13,Extra memory cards: How bad would you feel when you see something you MUST photograph, but your camera is full? I know you would be bummed out and that is why you should always bring enough memory cards with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment